Sunday, July 26, 2026

Our 2026 elections and election integrity

For January 2023 through February 2026, please see Be An Alabama Rootstriker* with Rob Shattuck: What should Americans do about election integrity?.

Particularly note the Email to Wayne Rogers and Caroleene Dobson re "AL Sec'y of State election: From 2020 elections to 2026 elections, and afterwards" sent in January this year, which is as follows:
From: Rob Shattuck <rdshatt@aol.com>
To: joinus@waynerogersforalsecretaryofstate.com <joinus@waynerogersforalsecretaryofstate.com>; caroleene@dobsonforalabama.com <caroleene@dobsonforalabama.com>
Cc: Laney.Rawls@sos.alabama.gov <laney.rawls@sos.alabama.gov>; rgarris@leeco.us <rgarris@leeco.us>; BillEnglish <probatejudge@mindspring.com>; wrossmorris@gmail.com <wrossmorris@gmail.com>; garydl4316@gmail.com <garydl4316@gmail.com>; tlangleylcc@gmail.com <tlangleylcc@gmail.com>; johnhr50@aol.com <johnhr50@aol.com>; wchristian@oanow.com <wchristian@oanow.com>; ljohnson@oanow.com <ljohnson@oanow.com>; jwest@oanow.com <jwest@oanow.com>; afranco@oanow.com <afranco@oanow.com>; mayor@cullmanal.gov <mayor@cullmanal.gov>; jfolsom@cullmanal.gov <jfolsom@cullmanal.gov>; jcook@cullmanal.gov <jcook@cullmanal.gov>; bsmith@cullmanal.gov <bsmith@cullmanal.gov>; dmoss@cullmanal.gov <dmoss@cullmanal.gov>; chollingsworth@cullmanal.gov <chollingsworth@cullmanal.gov>; alexcreynolds@gmail.com <alexcreynolds@gmail.com>; dianeken333@yahoo.com <dianeken333@yahoo.com>; michelle.thomason@bellsouth.net <michelle.thomason@bellsouth.net>; britneymgarner@gmail.com <britneymgarner@gmail.com>; snewmanhsv@gmail.com <snewmanhsv@gmail.com>; kmiller@cullmantimes.com <kmiller@cullmantimes.com>; tmayer@cullmantimes.com <tmayer@cullmantimes.com>; ashavers@cullmantimes.com <ashavers@cullmantimes.com>; comments@abc3340.com <comments@abc3340.com>; programming@abc3340.com <programming@abc3340.com>; blong@hearst.com <blong@hearst.com>; wcromwell@cbs42.com <wcromwell@cbs42.com>; rmartin@cbs42.com <rmartin@cbs42.com>; jason.mathews@gray.tv <jason.mathews@gray.tv>
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2026 at 04:12:53 PM CST
Subject: AL Sec'y of State election: From 2020 elections to 2026 elections, and afterwards
Dear Wayne Rogers and Caroleene Dobson:
You are announced Democratic and Republican candidates for Alabama Secretary of State.
Five years after the 2020 election, and facing the 2026 elections, the United States is immensely roiled by Donald Trump continuing to say the 2020 election was "rigged" and by his (Trump's) seeking to rewrite the history of January 6th, 2021, to protect himself personally and politically, including from the Democrats winning the 2026 elections.
I cannot find if current Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen has a public position that he believes or does not believe that the 2020 election was rigged, as Donald Trump contends.
Secretary Allen has been going on for some time about "election integrity," and I have endeavored to challenge Secretary Allen about this as set out at Be An Alabama Rootstriker* with Rob Shattuck: What should Americans do about election integrity?.
With the November 3, 2026, election day getting closer, I think political hatreds and animosities are growing in the United States, with a significant contributing factor being Trump's inflammatory contentions about the 2020 election being rigged and about the violent January 6th protesters being patriots.
I would say there is no telling what political conflagration will or will not happen in the United States prior to November 3, 2026 or afterwards, and that parties having standing and influence should try to tamp down the inflamed condition of the American electorate, particularly connected with the 2020 election and January 6th, 2021.
I think you, as candidates for Alabama Secretary of State, should tell Alabamians (1) whether you believe the 2020 election was "rigged" as Donald Trump says; (2) what you think Wes Allen, as the current Alabama Secretary of State, should say or do to try to help tamp down (or not) the inflaming that Trump is doing regarding the 2020 election and regarding January 6th, 2021; and (3) what you will do and say (or not say or do) related to the same (if you are elected Alabama Secretary of State).
I am copying on this email Secretary Allen and persons with whom I communicated or tried to communicate in 2023 as shown in Be An Alabama Rootstriker* with Rob Shattuck: What should Americans do about election integrity?.
Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I hope the two of you will speak publicly as I am urging.
Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck
Mountain Brook

Next, please see my July17th Facebook post of the national League of Women Voters press release League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address | League of Women Voters and asking, "Do you think the League of Women Voters of the US has a good, non-partisan reputation that it would be worthwhile to spread in Alabama their press release?" "League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address"? Numerous comments I put on the post indicate my efforts to spread the press release in Alabama.

Following my July 17th post I had the following email correspondence to and from the League of Women Voters of Alabama and the League of Women Voters of Mobile:
From: Rob Shattuck <rdshatt@aol.com>
To: leagueofwomenvotersmobile@gmail.com <leagueofwomenvotersmobile@gmail.com>
Cc: communications@lwval.org <communications@lwval.org>; jjflowgoer@aol.com <jjflowgoer@aol.com>; caroleene@dobsonforalabama.com <caroleene@dobsonforalabama.com>; wayne@waynerogersforalsecretaryofstate.com <wayne@waynerogersforalsecretaryofstate.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2026 at 12:55:30 PM CDT
Subject: Fw: League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address
Dear League of Women Voters of Mobile:
The national League of Women Voters issued the press release League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address | League of Women Voters.
As the below forwarded correspondence with the League of Women Voters of Alabama indicates, I am trying to spread the press release in Alabama.
On its Facebook the League of Women Voters of Alabama is urging that Senators Tuberville and Britt be called and told to vote NO on the Save Act.
On July 17th, Caroleene Dobson, Republican candidate for Alabama Secretary of State, posted on her Facebook, "The evidence is CLEAR — we need common sense election security in every state, and we need it now. SECURE OUR ELECTIONS NOW!!! Pass the SAVE Act!"
I think League of Women Voters of Alabama and League of Women Voters of Mobile should publicize to Alabama TV stations and their viewers how opposite Caroleene Dobson is from the two Alabama Leagues of Women Voters regarding the SAVE Act and that Alabama voters should consider that in their voting decisions in November.
I further think that Wayne Rogers, the Democratic candidate for Alabama Secretary of State, should be involved with the publicizing.
For more information about the spreading in Alabama of the League of Women Voters press release, please look at my July 17th Facebook post and its comments.
If the League of Women Voters of Alabama and League of Women Voters of Mobile think I can help in publicizing this matter to Alabama TV stations and their viewers, please contact me.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck
Mountain Brook
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Shattuck <rdshatt@aol.com>
To: Jjflowgoer <jjflowgoer@aol.com>
Cc: League of Women Voters of Alabama <communications@lwval.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2026 at 11:52:30 AM CDT
Subject: Re: League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address
Thank you very much, Judy.
Please share and forward away my email as much as you wish.
I don't think I am on the state contact list. Please add me.
Rob Shattuck
---------
On Friday, July 17, 2026 at 09:32:21 PM CDT, Jjflowgoer <jjflowgoer@aol.com> wrote:
Rob - thank you for being concerned about this issue - and taking action. Our contact for our emails goes all over the state. I think we will send this out to all our members.
Are you on our state contact list?
We can also lift it with our social media.
Judy
LWVAL Communications Director
--------
On Friday, July 17, 2026 at 06:48:27 PM CDT, Rob Shattuck <rdshatt@aol.com> wrote:
Dear League of Women Voters of Alabama:
I am trying to spread in Alabama the press release that the national League of Women Voters issued at League of Women Voters Strongly Denounces President Trump’s False Claims About Election Security in National Address | League of Women Voters.
To do such spreading, I am copying on this email Republican and Democratic party organizations in Alabama.
Please give me any suggestions you have for me to do further spreading in Alabama of the press release.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck
Mountain Brook

Yesterday I added to my July 17th Facebook post a comment that linked the Hands Off Our Vote Initiative that is at https://indivisible.org/events/hands-off-our-vote-2/ and that tagged Dobson for Alabama Wayne Rogers for Secretary of State saying, "You need to debate the press release of the national League of Women Voters that is posted here and also the Hands Off Our Vote Initiative."


No comments:

Post a Comment